Title of Article - *Can You Learn To Live Totally In The Moment?*
Author - Jan Tincher mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Word count - 750 words word-wrapped at 60 char. per line
This article may be freely distributed in its entirety with the
Copyright and Resource Box included.  Thank you!
If you would like to see more articles, go here:
Http://www.tameyourbrain.com/articles.htm

~~~~~~~~~~

If you are receiving this from me personally, not from a list,
(does it have your name in the To part of the heading or are
you a part of a list?), and do not want to receive the latest
articles, please reply to this email with *no more articles*
written in the subject line -- without the *'s.  Remember, if
you are a part of a list, you must unsub scribe from them as
I will not have your email ad dress on my list.

~~~~~~~~~~

Can You Learn To Live Totally In The Moment?
~ By Jan Tincher

Copyright © Jan Tincher - All Rights reserved
http://www.tameyourbrain.com

Can you learn to totally live in the moment?

Do you know what that means?

It means erase all of your personal history, so nothing will get in
your way of living for the moment.

You can't remember that so-and-so used to call you a dummy --
and therefore your are.

You can't remember that your teacher told you you couldn't
write or spell, and therefore you can't.

You can't remember that your school mates told you you were
ugly and therefore you are.

Do you understand how important that is? If you want to live in
the moment, you can't let something that is not IN THAT
MOMENT be IN THAT MOMENT.

Let's say you wanted to compete in a contest. You're getting ready,
but suddenly you remember something that was said long ago that
doesn't support what you are doing now.

Well, you know what? That *something* is not who you are now --
that something is MAYBE who you were then. (And, actually, it
really is just a MAYBE.)

Are we interested in who you were then? No. Are we interested
more in the fact that you've trained for this, you can do this, you
are going to do this? Yes.

Then why are you thinking about what was? Why aren't you
remembering everything that supports who you are or want to be
NOW, and letting old memories dissolve and disappear.

Can you do that?

Yes!

OK. Let's do it now. Here's how:
Put that old thought in a cloud -- a cloud covered with a fine mist.

Now the mist is raising the cloud. That cloud is rising higher and
higher. It had something in it, didn't it? What was it? You can't
see it, can you?

Oops, it's trying to poke through.

Cover it with crayons of different colors on all sides. Now, you
can't see it, can you?

Ooops. You say it's still coming through?

Do you do fireworks? You know what fireworks would do to
that, don't you? Kabam!

If that doesn't work, use a suction cup. Attached to the suction
cup is a long string. Light the bottom of the string, and watch as
the flames leap up and the whole thing burns to nothing.

Now, you realize you're doing this all in your mind, don't you? In
your mind you can do anything.

DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to get rid of that cloud holding that
old thought. Do this: Blow up a balloon, put ALL of this in it, and
then let it shoot clear up to the moon when you release the air.

You finally got rid of it, didn't you? Good.

Now, go back to living in the moment. You are at the contest. You
don't remember any of that old stuff, because each time an old,
unsupporting thought comes up, you let it go.

Once it's gone, concentrate on your pulse. Be very quiet until all you
can hear is your pulse beat.

At this very moment, isn't your life in it's perfect place?

Isn't your health perfect?

Isn't your financial situation perfect?

Aren't your friends the perfect friends for you?

Relax and enjoy this time, and let your old negative thoughts
disappear. Feel the peace and enjoy the contest.

Now, I ask you, why would you want to spend your time letting
old thought patterns come up, when it feels so much better
imagining a perfect life? Why not spend your time attracting that
perfect life, instead of reliving your *old* life? Because if you
are reliving the parts of your old life that you didn't, and don't,
like, you are attracting the very things you don't want.

If you take the time and effort to change your view of reality, your
brain will put in the time and effort to make your reality become
your view.

Thanks for reading,

Jan

Thanks for reading,

Jan

P.S. Here's what I've found to be the best methods for handling
stress:
http://www.tameyourbrain.com/stressEcourse/stressoffer.php

~~~~~~~~~~~
Copyright 2007, Jan Tincher, All Rights Reserved Worldwide

Check out my Tame Your Brain! Blog here:
http://www.tameyourbrain.com/blogtyb/
Check out all my blogs here:
http://tameyourbrain.com/blogs.htm

DISCLAIMER: Jan Tincher and/or *Tame Your Brain!* do not
guarantee or warrant that the techniques and strategies portrayed
will work for everyone. The techniques and strategies are general
in nature and may not apply to everyone. The techniques and
strategies are not intended to substitute for obtaining medical
advice from the medical profession. Always consult your own
professionals before making any life-changing decisions.

-~~~~~~~~~

Subscribe to "Tame Your Brain!" here. When you do, you'll
receive FREE "Do Butterflies Land On Your Shoulder?" --
a fantastic article on how to find peace.  Email here:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

==>Publishers, you are welcome to reprint this article in its
entirety provided you retain the above resource box and include
this notice.  If you would like more articles, please visit my article
site here: http://www.tameyourbrain.com/articles.htm

Click here for your fr*ee "Tame Your Brain!" Toolbar!
<http://www.tameyourbrain.com/toolbar/tybtoolbaroffer.htm>http://www.tameyourbrain.com/toolbar/tybtoolbaroffer.htm
If you like it, please pass it on to your friends!
(Sorry, not applicable to Macs.)

Other sites you might like:
http://www.tameyourbrain.com
http://www.angelsarewithus.com