We have an below urgent requirement from our client.
*Title: DB2 DBA Consultant*
*Location: *San Diego, CA
*Duration: *6 months
• Identifies database issues following implementation (e.g. tuning, back-up,
recovery, security) and implements solutions for medium risk applications
• Provides proactive monitoring and independent follow-up on issues for
• Uses deep subject matter/functional expertise, influence and process
skills to help internal/external customers and stakeholders identify and
meet their high priority needs while considering cultural and diversity
• Jointly develops practical implementation plans that consider cultural
sensitivities with other accountable parties.
• Encourages informed Risk-taking and acts as a catalyst for innovation;
generates practical, sustainable and creative options to solve problems and
create business opportunities, while maximizing existing resources.
• Proactively develops and maintains technical knowledge in specialized
area(s), remaining up-to-date on current trends and best practices;
• Performs assessments and listens to internal/external customers to
understand and anticipate their needs and determine their priorities in the
context of the overall enterprise.
• Implement technical designs from system architecture
• Deploy key SAP Netweaver components and other database driven applications
• Cross train all team members to build a comprehensive and level skill set
among all team members.
• Maintains awareness of technical issues with products such as support
advisories, recommended patches, and advisable system settings.
• Stays informed on the latest releases/patches and communicates severity of
issues and level of need.
• Focuses on continuous skill and knowledge improvement by attending
technical training, reading technical journals and texts, and peer and user
*Work on Operational Systems*
• Perform database management operational activities.
• Performs tactical work on hardware databases.
• Delivers database solutions in a large, complex environment.
• Executes processes and procedures for the management of databases.
• Performs database management operations around 7x24 requirements and
• Ensures system designs meet stability and performance requirements.
• Complies and executes defined database operational standards that are
compliant with SOX, HIPAA, ISO, and FDA guidelines, and alerts management to
potential compliance issues.
*Root Cause Analysis and Incident Response Guidance*
• Available during system outages on a 7x24 basis for immediate resolution.
• Collects and analyzes post-mortem failure data to prevent issue
• Executes procedures designed to prevent outages.
• Performs system monitoring techniques to provide proactive protection
• Ensure compliance with Internal Quality Systems, FDA, Sarbanes-Oxley,
HIPAA, and other regulatory agencies
• Participate in ongoing process improvement activities.
*Key Requirements/ Qualifications/ Experience*
• Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science, Business or related field
preferred or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience required
• Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills.
• Proficient PC skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
*Thanks & Regards.*
Sriven Technologies LLC ..,
E-Mail: **rajv...@sriventech.com* <s...@sriventech.com>*
Web: **www.sriventech.com* <http://www.sriventech.com/>*
Fax: 1866 725-2860*
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at