Hello,

I'd like to be sponsored for bug #4635088 (
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4635088 ), similar
to #1155773

While I was inside csh code, I've corrected some other bugs :

(1) It seems there was a recent change inside csh to be able to use variable
with larger name.
This is certainly a correction for RFE #1191119 (
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=1191119 ), or a
similar one since there are many bug/RFE entries for this problem.
This has been resolved by setting  MAX_VAR_LEN to 128 (it was previously 20)
(see http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xref/on/usr/src/cmd/csh/sh.h line 389).
But it hasn't been updated in sh.func.c, where the old value was hardcoded
(http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xref/on/usr/src/cmd/csh/sh.func.c line 512)

other things fixed :

(2) bug #1139642 (
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=1139642 )

(3) bug #4499198 (
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4499198 )

(4) RFE #6346576 (
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6346576 )

(5) bug #1128254 (
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=1128254 )

plus various code cleanups. For ex. it did not compile when MBCHAR was not
defined. I'm not sure it'll be compiled without this one day, but just in case
... Some function are not used anymore. I've met something funny : "#ifdef
pdp11". Should it be keeped ???

Among these things, many are simple fixes, with minor changes, except for RFE
#6346576, for which I had to change in many parts of the code int to long long.
Thus maybe all these shouldn't be commited in the same time, and maybe I need
to request more than one sponsor ?

I'm currently working on other bugs :

bug #1219707
(http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=1219707)

bug #???????. When filec is set, if you type [ESC], the line is completed, but
if you type <-- [BACKSPACE] afterwards, it prints ^R :

yannouch at solaris ~/workspace/old/usr/src/cmd/csh/i386 $ ./csh
solaris% cd ..
solaris% set filec
solaris% cd i386^R
cd i38

I've discovered it when using csh, I don't know if this come from my
environement since I haven't found such a bug in the bug database.

Cheers

Yann