Don't you just hate it when you get so frustrated you post to the user
group only to find the answer a few hours later?

Last night, during a fitful night's sleep, I got up in the dead of night
with a spark of an idea. I looked at the ehcache jar file embedded in
the blojsom WAR file and realized it was ehcache-1.1 so I renamed it to
.original and downloaded ehcache-1.2.3 and put it in the /lib directory.
The spark exploded into a flame! It worked.

I dunno why - maybe you all can shed more light than my feeble candle
can. But I'm off to the races.
- Dan