I've implemented this... BUT
When a machine connects to the external (NAT) address of my RESIN web
server and it proxies to an internal IP address, the internal IP
address is the forwarded back to the client. As an example:
    <host id="" root-directory="C:\Documents and Settings\cgi-bin">
        <web-app id="/cgi-bin">
                    <init host=''/>
            <servlet-mapping url-pattern="/*"

When I connect to my host, internally or externally, the client tries to
make a direct conection to the address. Bummer.

Internally it works fine, but kind of defeats the purpose of having a
proxy, no? Is there any magic I can use to make it continue to use a
relative URL?