Hi Akila,

We don't use apache at all but rather use resin-pro to provide our SSL.
Thanks for your suggestions, they may be useful in the future, but for
now I need to know the specifics for Resin.

Can someone confirm my assumptions about using cache-mapping tags for
static resources are correct?

1) Adds expires attributes to the files being sent to allow the browser
to cache them.
2) Adds the files to an in memory cache on the server to reduce disk usage.

Regards,
Richard.