I'm not sure if this still applies in 3.1.x, but in prior versions there
was a downside to co-opting that core JVM log. If you force that into
your main console (stderr/out) log, Resin may not be able to roll it any
more. You can use that arg to put the core jvm log where you want it,
but you may still want to keep it separate from your main console logs.

Matt Pangaro
Lokitech >> software . strategy . design
m. 1.301.728.6906
f. 1.815.364.0656