-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Robert Edgar
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 2:25 PM
To: 'General Discussion for the Resin application server'
Subject: Re: [Resin-interest] Problem with round tripping xml file -encoding
response

-- Spoke to soon --

I was looking at the wrong output when I said it worked doh!

It DOESN'T change anything the symbols are still wrong
Rob

My code is below

public void doPost (HttpServletRequest  req, HttpServletResponse res) throws
ServletException, IOException {

    //Set the Output Stream to XML
    //res.setContentType("application/xml");
    res.setContentType("application/xml; charset=UTF-8");
    res.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");
    //set input stream to UTF8
    req.setCharacterEncoding("UTF-8");

    // Get a handle to the Writer going back to the client
    PrintWriter out = res.getWriter();

    // Get a handle to the Reader coming from the client
    ServletInputStream in  = req.getInputStream();

    //create a buffered reader
    BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(in));

   //Get a text file writer (Can also pass a "File" object)
   java.io.FileWriter fw = new
FileWriter("webapps//ROOT//local//local1.xml");

   //create a buffered writer"
   BufferedWriter bw = new BufferedWriter(fw);
   try{
     String inputLine = null;
     while ((inputLine = br.readLine()) != null){
       bw.write(inputLine+"\r\n");
       out.write(inputLine+"\r\n");
     }
   }finally{