On Jul 26, 2007, at 7:47 AM, Paul Davis wrote:

> Hey list,
>
> I'm trying to find information on how the error about closing all
> dangling connections gets generated.

At the end of the top-level request, Resin rolls back the
UserTransaction, and closes any connections that haven't been
closed.  This occurs after the top-level request listeners have been
closed.

> I'm using a library that works by attaching a connection to each
> request and closes it automatically using a ServletRequestListener. As
> far as I can tell, this behavior is causing resin to spit out copious
> errors about not closing dangling connections.

Are you absolutely sure the connections are closed in all cases?

> Is there a way to do something similar that won't trigger this error?
> Or a way to disable the behavior entirely?

You really don't want to disable the behavior.  It's an important
error check.  If the connections were actually left dangling, then
they'd never get closed and the connection pool would lock up.

-- Scott