Scott,

99% certain they were being closed correctly. I've never had problems
with this behavior before upgrading to recent versions of Resin.

I've implemented the same class as a Filter instead of a
ServletRequestListener, and everything works great now. Thanks to
Robert for that suggestion.

Thanks again,
Paul Davis