I am getting the following error when trying to use the JSTL c:out on a page:
EL expression '${app.main_category}' is only allowed for attributes with

I checked the tld, and rtexprvalue is indeed set to false.
But from what I understand, rtexprvalue is only supposed to pertain to
scriptlets, not EL expressions?

Why doesn't resin allow this?

It seems to work fine in resin 2, but not in resin 3.  I am running resin 3.1.0
on my development box, but our servers are currently on resin 2.11 (soon to be

Here is the exact line that it is failing on:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Hans Loeblich