-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Serge Knystautas
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2007 7:26 AM
To: General Discussion for the Resin application server
Subject: Re: [Resin-interest] Servlet exception using c:out with EL

Hans Loeblich wrote:
> Am I the only one that has this problem?

You might want to Google upgrading from JSP 1.1 to JSP 2.0.  The
rtexprvalue to true was the older way of doing things in JSP 1.1 when
the JSP itself did not handle EL.  With JSP 2.0 (which Resin 3
implements) you would want rtexprvalue set to false to pass an attribute

using EL.  There were two versions of the JSTL (which includes your
c:out tag) to handle this, so you might need to change your taglib
declarations.  It was messy and it's been too long since I've done it to

remember the specifics.

There should be some articles about making this transition.

--
Serge Knystautas
p. 301.656.5501