On Oct 8, 2007, at 1:57 PM, Mica Cooper wrote:

> Scott,
>
> We have an old 2.17. How long would an upgrade take (best guess)?

It really depends on how complicate your configuration files are.
There was a pretty big change between 2.1 and 3.1.

> Would there be a performance improvement? We are only using JSP and
> database
> pooling.

Some, but I'm not sure it would be very large for just JSP.  The
pooling has been improved, but those were mainly stability, so if 2.1
isn't causing trouble, it wouldn't be a big change either.

> The heavy duty work is done with a JBoss backend. Is there a way to
> turn off all of the services we would not need to get a slimmer Resin?

I'm not sure what you mean.  If you're not using any other
capabilities, there's no extra runtime overhead, other than the size
of the resin.jar file, but that really shouldn't matter.

In other words, almost everything basically defaults to off unless
you've configured it.  It's not like the JPA implementation or
Quercus causes the rest of Resin to slow down.  They just sit in
their jar files :)

-- Scott