Hi there,

I've googled for this, and can't seem to find anyone who wants to do the
same thing, so I figured you guys would be the best source of information.

We run a very large website, which is generated dynamically from resin, and
we are looking at technical failover solutions.
We believe that there are certain cases where our workload could increase
dramatically, and we believe that our application will not withstand such a
large onslaught of requests.

Looking at our architecture, we believe that serving static pages will be
possible under very high traffic loads, so we are writing a system that will
"press" copies of dynamic pages to an html cache when they are modified.
Under these extreme circumstances we would like to have a module that
instead of doing all of our processing and going to the database, instead
looks in a static directory of html files, and if there is a static file
present for the requested url, serves that instead.

However, I am having difficulty finding how it is possible to get resin to
serve a static file in response to a url, where we will have to do some
mapping to translate the url to the file location.

We could write our own file server, but given that resins performance is
pretty good for serving static files, we would much rather hook into resins
file serving capabilites.

Michael Brunton-Spall