Hi Michael,

Instead of mapping a servlet url to static content (I'm assuming that that is
what you are trying to do) you can also
get the client to request the url for what the static pages would be and map
the servlet that generates the
static content to the 404 error handler.

In this setup the static file is always tried first, and when it doesn't exist
the generating servlet gets the
chance to built it from scratch in a on-demand basis.

The servlet can generate the static file, save it in the web-app content
folders and then stream the generated
page to the client that triggered the servlet. All subsequent requests find the
files in the content (cache) folders
and resin will serve those.

One issue to watch out for is multiple requests coming into the servlet for the
same page, you can either keep
a collection with generation jobs and synchronise threads on it picking up the
generated page and streaming
it when it is ready, or just generate the first few requests in paralel and
making sure only the first gets to save it to
the filesystem.

Hope this helps, Andre