On Jan 14, 2008, at 11:29 PM, Daniel López wrote:

> It sounds very interesting.
>
> On a side note, the link at the top of the page to the javadocs
> (ResinEmbed JavaDoc ->
> http://caucho.com/javadoc/com/caucho/resin/package.html) returns a
> 404.

Thanks.  I've fixed the link.

ResinEmbed has some interesting features beyond generic embedding:

  * testing apis (can be used for templating, too)
  * bean (webbean) embedding
  * remoting servlets (hessian, burlap for now)

* Testing API:  The testing API in ResinEmbed is similar to the APIs
we use internally for testing Resin.  Testing code can call HTTP
requests directly using a resin.request() call.  An example might
look like the following:

   ResinEmbed resin = new ResinEmbed();

   resin.addWebApp(new WebAppEmbed("/", "/home/qa/test1"));
   resin.start();

   String result = resin.request("GET /test.php");

   resin.stop()

* Bean embedding.  You can add application beans to the ResinEmbed or
WebAppEmbed objects with a BeanEmbed wrapper.  The web-app's servlets
can grab the bean using webbeans injection, like @In or @Named.

An application might use the bean embedding to provide a service bean
to its embedded Resin instance, e.g.

   ResinEmbed resin = new ResinEmbed();
   resin.addHttp(new HttpEmbed(8080));

   BeanEmbed bean = new BeanEmbed(myApplicationService);
   resin.addBean(bean);

   WebAppEmbed webApp = new WebAppEmbed("/admin", "/var/www/admin");
   resin.addWebApp(webApp);

   resin.start();
   resin.join();

-- Scott