Its just part of the path info.

Some of the images contained in the root jsp file havent got absolute path
location, e.g. /banner.gif  so when its forwarded the image is looking at
/somepath/banner.gif , the simple way would be to change the image location.

Its probably to do with the location displayed in the browser because as far
as the browser is concerned its still reading the original file at
/somepath/somefile.jsp  but actually its been forwarded to /rootfile.jsp.