Scott Ferguson wrote:
> It's probably already caught by our regression tests, but I've added
> a bug report at http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=2374 just in case.
>
> The current snapshots do have a large number of regression failures.

This is fixed in resin-pro-3.1.s080208, thanks.
> By the way, we should probably add your suggested configuration
> somewhere like the wiki.  I'm not sure what title we should give it,
> though.

It strikes me that its the reliance on the physical directory name in
the <host-deploy> construct which is causing the problem. It mixes the
found dir name on disk with the contents of its particuar host.xml.
Using my <resin:import> way everything is defined in the found xml
files, no matter where they exist in the subdir tree, because I put the
<resin:import> tag in the def for http://localhost webapps in
resin.conf, i.e. "/". So what would be perfect would be the
<host-deploy> functionality but honouring everything in the located
file, as in this example (as a useful side effect is the files can have
any name too, which helps manage many hosts easier as I usually stick
the hostname in the xml filename):

conf/hostconf/pligg/www.foo.com.xml:

<host xmlns="http://caucho.com/ns/resin";
xmlns:resin="http://caucho.com/ns/resin/core";>