On Feb 9, 2008, at 6:29 AM, Stargazer wrote:

t strikes me that its the reliance on the physical directory name in
the <host-deploy> construct which is causing the problem. It mixes the
found dir name on disk with the contents of its particuar host.xml.
Using my <resin:import> way everything is defined in the found xml
files, no matter where they exist in the subdir tree, because I put the
<resin:import> tag in the def for http://localhost webapps in
resin.conf, i.e. "/". So what would be perfect would be the
<host-deploy> functionality but honouring everything in the located
file, as in this example (as a useful side effect is the files can have
any name too, which helps manage many hosts easier as I usually stick
the hostname in the xml filename):

I've added this as an enhancement request at http://bugs.caucho.com/view.php?id=2424 .

I think it will have to wait until 3.2.0 (which is after 3.1.6), since it would probably disruptive and we're starting to move the 3.1.x to a bug-fix branch.

-- Scott

<host xmlns="http://caucho.com/ns/resin";
<web-app id='www.foo.com' document-directory='/www/pligg/ www.foo.com'>

Lets me use http://localhost:8080/www.foo.com and