Actually one more note:

I got it to work by declaring every bean in the resin-web.xml. But doesn't the resin doc say if there is a web-beans.xml in a .jar file resin will automatically scan? Also if I move the beans declaration into web-beans.xml it seems to be ignored and it seems to be a better place to have all the beans / components.

Regards,
Andreas Fischer