I've narrowed this down to the regular expression issue. It's failing on a regular expression that appears to work initially but later on fails for some very strange reason. I have not yet been able to pinpoint, but let me show you what I have so far.

In PHPBB3's includes/function_template.php file, there is a regular expression line:


preg_match_all('#<!-- ([^<].*?) (.*?)? ?-->#', $code, $blocks, PREG_SET_ORDER);

The $code is actually the template file to parse. This line fails miserably. Interestingly, the regex a few lines above it works well:

preg_match_all('#<!-- INCLUDE ([a-zA-Z0-9\_\-\+\./]+) -->#', $code, $matches);

It's parsing the same $code file.

I am currently testing the possible differences between the two expressions to narrow down the cause. It appears to be the "?" that may be causing serious issues or it could be more than that. Still checking.

I'm hoping that this may give either Scott or you some ideas on where to look cuz this is a serious issue if the regex parser is badly written. Too many php codes rely on regex.


-Chris

On Mar 13, 2008, at 1:59 PM, Andrew Fritz wrote:

Chris Chen wrote:

Your problem is similar to mine.


I spent the entire day yesterday trying to debug phpbb3 running on
quercus.  Phpbb3 appears to be using either Smarty or something
similar and I am getting almost the exact problem that you're getting.

It was super difficult to debug scripts under quercus.  Debugging
under IntelliJ is driving me nuts. :)

Yah, IntelliJ is the bomb... To bad they don't have PHP support yet... (make sure you leave a comment in their suggestion box that they need it).
Since i am able to consistently get quercus to not process smarty
tags, I am a bit closer to finding the real cause to the problem.  I
believe I've at least narrowed it down to either the Regex module or
the Array storage/processing in Quercus.

If I get some time, I may continue to debug and find out why Quercus
simply hates these regular expressions.

I'd guess Array, but that is based only on my experience with lazy initialization in hibernate not working on contained lists (but it works fine everywhere else). Of course, regex is probably equally likely. I spent the better part of the day trying to get HTMLPurifier working. The end result was a java class that System.executes native php to clean html and print the results... I never got it to run under Resin. It would fail to tokenize the HTML... In any case, I would appreciate any info you have if you manage to sort it out.
Perhaps spending the time trying to get vbulletin to work under
quercus might be a more productive use of my time. :)

-Chris

On Mar 13, 2008, at 1:06 PM, Andrew Fritz wrote:


Sorry if this is the wrong list, but the Quercus list appears to be
KIA.
There is no mail in the archive and mail to quercus-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
bounces.

Now to my question/statement:

Smarty works great in 3.1.3, but is broken in 3.1.4 and 3.1.5. I opens
the template file and returns the contents unprocessed. All the tags
remain in the file. Is there a work around to make it work again? I
need
to upgrade to try to get around another bug, but can't right now since
our side is pretty much 100% smarty templates.

Andrew



_______________________________________________
resin-interest mailing list
resin-interest@caucho.com
http://maillist.caucho.com/mailman/listinfo/resin-interest



_______________________________________________
resin-interest mailing list
resin-interest@caucho.com
http://maillist.caucho.com/mailman/listinfo/resin-interest

_______________________________________________
resin-interest mailing list
resin-interest@caucho.com
http://maillist.caucho.com/mailman/listinfo/resin-interest

_______________________________________________
resin-interest mailing list
resin-interest@caucho.com
http://maillist.caucho.com/mailman/listinfo/resin-interest

Reply via email to