Hi
I'm using resin 3.1.5 and the latest mysql jdbc driver.
I try to build a minimal sample from scratch to be sure to understand everything with entity ejbs.

I found 2 problems I cannot understand :

1) database configuration

This is my conf :
  <database jndi-name="jdbc/adlhessian">
    <driver>
      <type>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</type>
      <url>jdbc:mysql://localhost/adlhessian</url>
      <user>hessian</user>
      <password>hessian</password>
    </driver>
    <prepared-statement-cache-size>8</prepared-statement-cache-size>
    <max-connections>20</max-connections>
    <max-idle-time>30s</max-idle-time>
    <spy>true</spy>
  </database>

I get the error in finer log :

com.caucho.config.ConfigException: 'url' is an unknown attribute of 'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver' and the same for user and password. But it seems to work anyway !! why this error while the docs seems to tell it is correct...

2) ejb configuration

I have one single entity ejb :

package adlejb;
import......
@Entity
@Table(name="adluser")
public class Ejbuser
{
  @Id @Column(name="adlid") @GeneratedValue int id;
  @Basic @Column(name="adlfirstname") String firstname;
  @Basic @Column(name="adlname") String name;
..

and the config in persistence.xml is :

<persistence xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/persistence"; version="1.0">
  <persistence-unit name="Adlhessian">
    <class>adlejb.Ejbuser</class>
    <exclude-unlisted-classes />
  </persistence-unit>
</persistence>

But I continue to have the error =

com.caucho.amber.AmberRuntimeException: 'adlejb.Ejbuser' with classloader EnvironmentClassLoader[web-app:http://localhost:8000] is an illegal instance class

What does it mean ? I found no error, and tried to have a look at mailinglist archive with no success. I looked at the samples, but found nothing really different...

The crazy about this is that I built this simple app from another simple app configured exactly the same manner, but the other does not make any amber error ! I tried to rename everything several times, but nothing seems to remove this error. I had the same problem sometimes with resin 3.0 and in 2006 Rodrigo Westrupp answered that I should work with resin 3.1.

Thanks for any information (files attached)

--
Très cordialement,

Riccardo Cohen
Articque
http://www.articque.com
149 av Général de Gaulle
37230 Fondettes - France
tel : 02-47-49-90-49
fax : 02-47-49-91-49
package adlejb;

import javax.persistence.Basic;
import javax.persistence.Column;
import javax.persistence.Entity;
import javax.persistence.GeneratedValue;
import javax.persistence.Id;
import javax.persistence.Table;

@Entity
@Table(name="adluser")
public class Ejbuser
{
  @Id @Column(name="adlid") @GeneratedValue int id;
  @Basic @Column(name="adlfirstname") String firstname;
  @Basic @Column(name="adlname") String name;
  public int getId()
  {
    return id;
  }
  public void setId(int id)
  {
    this.id = id;
  }
  public String getFirstname()
  {
    return firstname;
  }
  public void setFirstname(String firstname)
  {
    this.firstname = firstname;
  }
  public String getName()
  {
    return name;
  }
  public void setName(String name)
  {
    this.name = name;
  }
}
<web-app xmlns="http://caucho.com/ns/resin";>
  <database jndi-name="jdbc/adlhessian">
    <driver>
      <type>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</type>
      <url>jdbc:mysql://localhost/adlhessian</url>
      <init-param autoReconnect="true"/>
      <init-param noDatetimeStringSync="true"/>
      <init-param jdbcCompliantTruncation="false"/>
      <user>hessian</user>
      <password>hessian</password>
    </driver>
    <prepared-statement-cache-size>8</prepared-statement-cache-size>
    <max-connections>20</max-connections>
    <max-idle-time>30s</max-idle-time>
    <spy>true</spy>
  </database>
  <ejb-server data-source="jdbc/adlhessian" create-database-schema="false"/>
  <servlet servlet-name="adlservice" servlet-class="adlhessian.Adlservice"/>
  <servlet-mapping url-pattern="/adlservice/*" servlet-name="adlservice"/>
</web-app>