On Nov 10, 2008, at 3:48 PM, Mike McNally wrote:

I'm trying to get a pretty simple Stripes-based web application running in a fresh install of Resin 3.1.6. The application works *except* for a page that attempts to use the "displaytag" tag library (which I've not used before).

It seems that Resin is unable/unwilling to recognize any of the setters in the displaytag tag implementation classes, in all cases failing with:

attribute 'id' in tag 'display:table' has no corresponding set method in

tag class 'org.displaytag.tags.TableTag'
It doesn't matter what attribute I use or what sort of value I pass to it from the .jsp page. Resin 3.0.x and 3.1.6 all do pretty much the same thing. Looking at the displaytag sources and the Resin source, I can't see where it's getting hung up. There are in fact public setter methods in the displaytag code, and they seem OK to me.

I'm pretty sure I've seen implications from random forum questions that there are people using displaytag with Resin, so I suspect there's something I'm just not doing right.

Scanning the TableTag API, it doesn't look like there is a setId method in TableTag (there is a setHtmlId). So I wouldn't expect Resin to allow that to work.

Do you know what the *.tld looks like for that Tag?

-- Scott

Again, Resin 3.1.6, Displaytag 1.1.1, JDK 6, Linux.

Thanks for any hints or sympathy :)

--
Turtle, turtle, on the ground,
Pink and shiny, turn around.