As you can see, it's all over the map, which is probably why: (1)
Caucho sets it explicitly (and to a very conservative value); (2) it's
always best to set the stack size yourself so you know what you're
getting; and (3) test it yourself with the value(s) you'd like to use
in the environments you want to use it to make sure it works (see my
previous comment about only 128K and 1M working when I did my testing).