Have you tried using the Apache Xerces parser? There are definitely
differences and assumptions that people make, often unknowingly, when
crafting XML that result in the XML only being "parseable" by the
parser they themselves are using.

Anyway, that's what I would try.

If that doesn't work, can you post the error you're getting?
Preferably with the XML data that Google is sending you. I generally
do this by issuing the request from within a browser that properly
displays raw XML, such as Firefox (or IE on Windows or Camino on OS
X, notably Safari does not), then you might be able to find out what
the offending part of the XML is and go from there.

Rob