My resin instance won't start if JSSE is enabled in the configuration, but I
can't figure out what the problem is.  (Yes, I'm aware of the advice for
using OpenSSL instead, but that's not an option for me for the time being.)
And yet, if I enable JSSE *while resin is running*, it appears to work
correctly.

The failure message (e.g. as a result of running *service resin start*) is
this:

Stopping resin:/usr/local/web/conf/resin.xml:85::
java.io.FileNotFoundException: .

Line 85 is the line just inside my <http> tag where I've made my <jsse-ssl>
declaration, which looks like this:

<jsse-ssl> <!-- line 85 -->
  <key-store-type>jks</key-store-type>
  <key-store-file>keys/mykeystore.jks</key-store-file>
  <password>mypassword</password>
</jsse-ssl>

I've verified that it's finding the key store okay (when I change the path
to the <key-store-file>, I get a different error explaining that it can't
find this file).

One version of the resin
docs<http://www.caucho.com/resin/doc/port-tags.xtp#jsse-ssl>states
that the <key-manager-factory> and <verify-client> values are
mandatory, but I can't find any hints at legal values for this parameter in
the Resin documentation.

Nevertheless, if I comment out JSSE and start resin, I can get SSL going by
uncommenting JSSE while resin is running.  It gets going without any
complaints and indeed my site is accessible via SSL.  But obviously this is
no good, since resin won't automatically start when it's configured in this
way.

I'd appreciate any hints or ideas as to what's going on.

Regards,

Michael