If you look at the config you can see this line:

    <!-- includes the app-default for default web-app behavior -->
    <resin:import path="${__DIR__}/app-default.xml"/>

If you look at that file:
  <resin:import path="WEB-INF/web.xml" optional="true"/>

So essentially you can put anything in any of these files and it will work.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 3:39 AM, david day <yaya...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've started researching <rewrite-dispatch> and <ip-constraint> in an
> effort to move more configuration from Apache to Resin.  I've found
> quite a few threads on these that discuss settings in both
> WEB-INF/resin-web.xml and ${resin.home}/conf/resin.conf, but not much
> about why one is used over the other.
>

> Are settings such as these available in either resin-web.xml or
> resin.conf?  If so, is the choice simply a management decision?  With
> the way we divide management of the applications, using resin.conf is
> preferred for these types of settings.
>

> Also, is resin.conf interchangeable with resin.xml?  Did this start
> with 3.2 or farther back?
>
> David

-jk