What is frequently done is that a configure option let you change the
install directory
I just looked at configure help ("./configure --help") with the v4
snapshot. Did you try "./configure --prefix=/my/directory" wich is quite
standard ?

Rob Lockstone wrote:
> Something new in Resin 4.x is that when doing the standard configure/
> make/make install on *nix (including OS X), it assumes that you want
> to install into /usr/local/resin. For me, that's not the case, since I
> often have multiple resins installed and I don't put them into /usr/
> local. It's no big deal to move the built libs and delete the /usr/
> local/resin directory that was created. But I didn't see any obvious
> way to tell the build process to use my local resin directory. Is there?
>
> I even went into the script for the configure and changed it by hand,
> and that worked, but then the make and make install ignored it.
> Shouldn't it default to building within the directory where the
> commands are being run? I think that's what it used to do.
>
> Rob

Riccardo Cohen
Architecte du Logiciel
http://www.architectedulogiciel.fr