On Jul 22, 2009, at 12:27 AM, .pQd wrote:

>> Try with this version http://www.copypastecode.com/7568/ that has the
>> getConnection() call inside the run method and inside the try. If
>> that
>> still fails, I would start looking for other places where connections
>> might be retrieved as getting out of that block without calling close
>> should be not possible.
>
> new version:
> http://www.copypastecode.com/7576/
>
> as long as connection is closed in the same thread where it's open -
> i do
> not get exceptions.
>
> if i try to close it in other thread - they occur [ rarely.. ]. is it
> general rule that i was not aware of or some bug that i trigger in
> resin's
> connection pool handler?

I'm not sure it's a bug.  Resin's connection pool handler is a
transactional pool, and transactions are tied to the thread.  So
handing off a connection to a separate thread isn't really part of the
pool's model.  Normally, in a multithreaded situation, you'd have a
second thread open its own connection.

-- Scott