On Oct 5, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Steffen Busch wrote:

> Hi,
> is there any schedule for the 3.1.10 release of Resin?

3.1.10 is tricky because it's after 4.0.2, and we're taking extra time
on 4.0.2 to make it a stable release.  (It will still be early access
because of the specs, but any further changes should be minor.)

> Would it be possible to provide us with a more recent snapshot?
> Especially, I am looking for the bugfix for #3220 (JSP Precompile
> causes IOException and sometimes deadlock) which has been fixed on
> 25th of August in 3.1.10 accordingly to Mantis Bug tracker.

I can get a snapshot, though.

> BTW: Any chance to fix #3436 also with 3.1.10 release?  Bug #3436 is
> "findAncestorWithClass() does not return parent classic tag instance
> within classic tag embedded in a tag file".
> This is an older issue that has very bad side effects for us as all
> other Servlet Containers our application is deployed (Tomcat,
> Websphere, Weblogic, OC4J) handle this correctly.

That one is a bit tricky.  The parent/child reported in the bug isn't
a normal parent/child, because the child is a child of the .tag not
just the body content of the original XML (which is what a normal
ancestor means in JSP.)

-- Scott