Am 18.02.2010 um 18:55 schrieb Emil Ong:

> Hi Michael,
> Can you try running:
> $ java -jar lib/resin.jar shutdown

Hi Emil,

that worked.

> It's possible you have an old watchdog running that hasn't updated its
> authenticator.  "shutdown" kills all watchdogs and resin instances.

With regard to the following exception:

>> $ java -jar lib/resin.jar start -verbose
>> Resin/4.0.3 can't start -server '' for watchdog at
>>  com.caucho.bam.NotAuthorizedException:
>> ActorError[type=auth,group=not-authorized,text=SelfEncryptedCookie[] is
>> invalid because it does not correctly decrypt]

This seems to occur when I make a change to the username or password while
the server (or watchdog, for that matter) is running. I assume it is meant
to be read at startup and stay as it is.

>> What is now the syntax for passing username and password to command-line
>> admin? Or am I misguided in that this is not meant to be used when you
>> intend to use the command line?

It seems that start/stop/status etc via the command line doesn't have anything
to do with admin authentication. But maybe the command line goes via the
watchdog service, and that service gets confused when the config file changes?

>> What is the syntax for the admin-users.xml file commented out in the
>> example given above? Is it just the user element wrapped in any top-level
>> element like <users>?

Michael.Ludwig (#)