Is there a way to modify the user that Resin runs at per virtual host? I know
that we can overwrite the User setting in resin.conf to make the server run as
some other user than root, but what I want to know is if there is a way to
specify the user setting within each virtual host entry.

Here is my problem, I have Resin integrated into a cPanel server. Whenever a
new account is setup in cPanel we automatically create config files that
configures Resin for the account. The issue is when new files or directories
are created within code. If someone creates a new directory in their home
directory via code the directory is create with the 644 as the attributes and
root:root as the owner. When this happens the user can't access the new file or
directory via their FTP account because they don't have permissions. Every time
this happens then need to open a ticket to have us modify the permissions of
the file or directory so they can access it. I've tried to explain that they
could access it via code but most of the time that goes over peoples heads.

So my issue is that Resin is running as root and creating files as root in a
users home directory. Is there any settings in the config files that I may not
be aware of that may help with this scenario?

--
Peter Amiri
Founder | Alurium Hosting