I feel like a newbie for having to ask this, but admittedly I have never
used the J2EE authentication mechanism since we have a proprietary one.

I'm trying to set up resin-admin following a combination of the
instructions at
http://caucho.com/resin-4.0/admin/resin-admin-console.xtp and the
instructions shown when accessing the admin app.
I have configured the web-app and had it generate a admin-users.xml so
that I can log in. However I have no access, apparently since my user is
not in the "resin-admin" role.
Doing a bit of debugging I end up in a NullAuthenticator that only
accepts the "user" role. So I guess I need to configure some other
authenticator, right...?