Hi Mattias,

Are you using a custom resin.xml/resin.conf?  If so, you might try
copying the <resin:AdminAuthenticator> configuration from the default.
It looks like this:

  <resin:AdminAuthenticator>
    <resin:import path="${__DIR__}/admin-users.xml" optional="true"/>
  </resin:AdminAuthenticator>

This part of the install document may also be helpful:

http://caucho.com/resin-4.0/admin/starting-resin-install.xtp#Creating%20a%20password%20for%20the%20Resin%20Administration%20Console

Best,
Emil