2010/4/28 Scott Ferguson <f...@caucho.com>

> Steffen Busch wrote:
> > I was just looking for some <web-app> and <host> configuration for
> > Resin 4.0 and thought that the "reference" entry might be useful, but
> > the URL http://caucho.com/resin-4.0/admin/reference.xtp just gives:
> Thanks. The site's been updated to fix that.
> >

> > I really liked the 3.1 documentation, but that new 4.0 documentation
> > structure is really cumbersome. Where are the rewrite capabilties
> > explained such as <moved-permanently> with a 301 redirect, where are
> > the <web-app> or <host> attributes.
> The host is at http://caucho.com/resin-4.0/admin/http-virtual-hosts.xtp.
>
> We do need to add back the web-app section. All the tags are in
> http://caucho.com/resin-4.0/admin/reference.xtp, but we don't have a
> grouping for just the web-app tags.

Thanks Scott, the reference page is very useful.
But I haven't found a 4.0 feature for the 3.1 <match> tag which is described
here http://caucho.com/resin-3.1/doc/rewrite-tags.xtp#match

Also, with 3.1 it was possible to distinguish the HTTP Code for redirects.
For Search-Engine-Optimization a 301 (Moved Permanently) is in particular
cases better than 302 (Found). In 3.1 there is <moved-permanently>
http://caucho.com/resin-3.1/doc/rewrite-tags.xtp#moved-permanently to
achieve this but I have not found equivalent configuration tag in 4.0
documentation, there is only
http://caucho.com/resin-4.0/admin/reference.xtp#resin:Redirect

-- Steffen