My application is a CMS where each user can compile and run Groovy
classes as "controllers" for pages. These Groovy classes are compiled,
and it is fully legal to put part of a such a class in a session
variable (they are Serializable). The controller is executed using a
special classloader and securitymanager, so that each user can only
access his own compiled controllers. These classes are not known by the
web-app's default classloader. When Resin tries to serialize the session
data, it will throw a ClassNotFoundException, for obvious reasons. I'm
thinking if I can override the classloader used to
serialize/deserialize, I would be home free. Maybe I'm off on the wrong
track here? :)

-- Edvin