On 04/25/2011 12:11 PM, Edvin Syse wrote:
But it might be cleaner to use the ContextClassLoader pattern with a
session-config so you don't actually need to write a custom serializer.
This will actually not work properly, since ObjectInputStream.readObject does not honor the thread's contextclassloader when resolving classes, see http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4340158, dating back to 2000. (Resolved as Closed, Will Not Fix)

But that's the point of adding <session-config use-context-class-loader='true'/> to Resin. I can have Resin use the context classloader when it's deserializing.

Resin already needs to deal with this issue to use the web-app's classloader. It's an easy change to allow the context classloader as an option
Aha, I misunderstand what you wrote, I didn't know about the use-context-class-loader option :) Is it available in 4.0.17? Didn't find any reference to it in the docs.

-- Edvin