Hello Scott,

I checked that you have updated the docs:
http://wiki4.caucho.com/Resin_ActiveMQ_How_to
And http://wiki4.caucho.com/Resin_JCA_ActiveMQ_How_to. I followed the
document to change my code
(I was not using both @Inject and @Named together) but it still didn't work
for me. By this I mean I don't get reference to the injected factory or
Queue in my code.

One question I have is that I should be able to use these annotations in any
class not just in the servlet, right? I tried both with and without JCA...

Did the code you posted in the document work for you with ActiveMQ? Could
you give me any idea what I could be doing wrong? I will post my code below.

Thank you very much,
Sadhana

resin-web.xml
=========

   <resource-adapter class="org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQResourceAdapter">
        <init server-url="vm://localhost"/>
    </resource-adapter>

     <connection-factory
class="org.apache.activemq.ra.ActiveMQManagedConnectionFactory"
name="activemq" />

     <jms-queue class="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue"
name="aeQueue">
       <init physical-name="aeQueue"/>
     </jms-queue>

Class JobManager.java
==============

public class JobManager {

        @Inject @Named("activemq") QueueConnectionFactory jobQueueFactory;
        @Inject @Named("aeQueue") Queue aEmailQueue;

I'll need to update the docs (and test with ActiveMQ). The example you
gave used a very old draft of CDI (before it was called CDI.)

The injection annotation is @javax.inject.Inject.

Do you need JCA? (For example, for XA support.) If you don't, the
non-JCA configuration would be simpler.

-- Scott