On 4/16/13 8:24 AM, Vidar Skaugen wrote:
> Hi. We have a web app that uses quite a bit of memory, so after roughly
> 20 instances per GB allocated memory it starts to spend more and more
> time doing garbage collection. With enough concurrent connections it
> grinds to a halt.
>
> I've been trying to limit the number of threads that are started at
> once. <port-thread-max> seems to work for this, and does what I want
> when I setup Resin as a http server. However I've been unable to get it
> to work with mod_caucho. Setting <port-thread-max> in <port-default> or
> setting port_thread_max in resin.properties does not seem to affect the
> traffic coming in from mod_caucho.

If this is for Resin 4.0, you might try <cluster-port>, which has the
same syntax as <http> and lets you configure the 6800 port properties.
The config looks like:

   <server id="a">
      <http .../>
      <cluster-port port="6800">
            <port-thread-max>20</port-thread-max>
      </cluster-port>

If you're in a clustered environment, that limit might cause problems
with the clustering.

-- Scott