Ok, looks like I have a problem others have reported before, but still
can't make it work (I also didn't see how to search this mailing list for
old messages).

I have a RESTful service running off a SLSB as explained here:
http://docs.jboss.org/resteasy/docs/2.0.0.GA/userguide/html/RESTEasy_EJB_Integration.html

The worst thing is that I had it working before, but this project got
converted to Spring and then back to JEE again, and as far as I can tell,
this is the same config and code I had when it was running correctly, but
obviously I might have missed something.

This is my web.xml:

   <context-param>
      <param-name>resteasy.jndi.resources</param-name>
      <param-value>VOLTP/RestfulBean/local</param-value>
   </context-param>
   <listener>
      <listener-class>
         org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.ResteasyBootstrap
      </listener-class>
   </listener>
   <servlet>
      <servlet-name>Resteasy</servlet-name>
      <servlet-class>
         org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher
      </servlet-class>
   </servlet>
   <servlet-mapping>
      <servlet-name>Resteasy</servlet-name>
      <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>
   <context-param>
      <param-name>resteasy.scan</param-name>
      <param-value>true</param-value>
   </context-param>

My Bean is declared with:
@Stateless
public class RestfulBean implements RestfulLocal {...

and ResfulLocal looks like this:

@Local
@Path("/")
public interface RestfulLocal {

The error I get:

2012-05-24 17:41:15,217 ERROR
[org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/webservices]]
(main) Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
class org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.ResteasyBootstrap
java.lang.RuntimeException: Class is not a root resource.  It, or one of
its interfaces must be annotated with @Path: $Proxy409 implements:
 com.acme.session.RestfulLocal
        at
org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethodRegistry.addResourceFactory(ResourceMethodRegistry.java:104)
        at
org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethodRegistry.addResourceFactory(ResourceMethodRegistry.java:83)
        at
org.jboss.resteasy.core.ResourceMethodRegistry.addJndiResource(ResourceMethodRegistry.java:57)
        at
org.jboss.resteasy.spi.ResteasyDeployment.registration(ResteasyDeployment.java:350)
        at
org.jboss.resteasy.spi.ResteasyDeployment.start(ResteasyDeployment.java:225)
        at
org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.ResteasyBootstrap.contextInitialized(ResteasyBootstrap.java:28)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3910)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4393)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeployInternal(TomcatDeployment.java:310)
        at
org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatDeployment.performDeploy(TomcatDeployment.java:142)
        at
org.jboss.web.deployers.AbstractWarDeployment.start(AbstractWarDeployment.java:461)
        at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.startModule(WebModule.java:118)
        at org.jboss.web.deployers.WebModule.start(WebModule.java:97)
        at
        at
        at
org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:157)

I also added a jboss-web.xml as suggested here (I didn't use it before
although I remember playing with it at some point when I first had this app
working):
https://community.jboss.org/thread/165368

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jboss-web>

<depends>jboss.j2ee:ear=VOLTP.ear,jar=voltp-ejbs-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar,name=RestfulBean,service=EJB3</depends>
</jboss-web>

but didn't work; I get the message above. Actually, before adding this
file, I got a "Resource not bound", but I also got the message above.

I can see that the SLSB is registered correctly with JNDI when the error
above happens, and it obviously has the Path annotation.

Can anyone suggest something else? I've tried everything I can think of and
getting nowhere. Thanks.

Using JBoss 5.1.0.GA

BTW, this app was also working fine with Spring (web.xml was different
because it was sourcing the spring config and was using Spring Beans
instead, etc).