Ok, problem solved!

I checked again for any differences I might still have with my project that
was working a few months ago, and discovered that in my pom.xml file for my
maven project that creates the WAR, I have this:

<build>
   <finalName>VOLTP</finalName>
</build>

which is the same "finalName" in the pom.xml of my mvn project that creates
my EAR. I changed it to something else in the WAR pom.xml and now it works.
I had changed the original WAR finalName because when the project was
converted to use Spring Framework, we deploy a WAR instead of an EAR, so I
wanted the same name for my deployed artifact.

While the JNDI reference to RestfulBean was correct according to what it
was registering within JBoss, I guess it couldn't be resolved because of
this name collision.

Thanks again Bill and Jim for looking into this!

--
Rogelio