I didn't realize this, but if you go to:

modules/system/layer/base/org/jboss/resteasy/resteasy-jackson-provider/main/module.xml

if you set the attribute "export=true" for all the jackson dependencies,
then you're deployment will see jackson.  This is fixed in later
versions of resteasy and resteasy installed on Wildfly/JBoss.