I am using RESTEasy to implement a REST Service using JSON serialization.
Currently, Dates are getting serialized to milliseconds since 1970.  To
improve compatibility, I would like to get my dates into one of two
formats; milliseconds + timezone offset or ISO 8061.

It seems that RESTEasy used to use Jettison for JSON serialization, but
from what I've been reading they've switch to Jackson ... all of this has
made googling for help pretty hit or miss.

>From what I can tell, I need to implement a ContextResolver<ObjectMapper>
along the lines of:

        public class JacksonConfig impelments ContextResolver<ObjectMapper>
        {
            private final OBjectMapper objectMapper;

            public JacksonConfig() throws Exception
            {
                objectMapper = new ObjectMapper.configure(

SerializationFeature.WRITE_DATE_AS_TIMESTAMPS, false);
            }

            @Override
            public ObjectMapper getContext(Class<?> arg0)
            {
                return objectMapper;
            }
         }

The thing I haven't been able to find, is what do I do with this?  Where do
I put it?
So the larger questions are, am I heading in the right direction and are my
assumptions correct?
Thanks!

--
Ian