Hi Kapil,

Are you using "oreilly-jaxrs-2.0-workbook/ex03_1” or "oreilly-workbook/ex03_1”?
The former one can only be deployed in a JavaEE application server that
supports JAX-RS 2.0 spec like WildFly, because it doesn’t have standalone
settings in web.xml. Please add following settings you web.xml if you want to
deploy it in tomcat:

<servlet>
<servlet-name>Resteasy</servlet-name>
<servlet-class>
org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher
</servlet-class>
<init-param>
<param-name>javax.ws.rs.Application</param-name>
<param-value>
com.restfully.shop.services.ShoppingApplication
</param-value>
</init-param>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>Resteasy</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

In addition, if ex03_1.war is deployed into tomcat correctly you should see the
following log in catalina.out:

resteasy.spi.ResteasyDeployment. Deploying javax.ws.rs.core.Application: class
com.restfully.shop.services.ShoppingApplication
16-Jan-2014 13:37:17.219 INFO [localhost-startStop-2]
org.jboss.resteasy.spi.ResteasyDeployment. Adding singleton resource
com.restfully.shop.services.CustomerResource from Application class
com.restfully.shop.services.ShoppingApplication

And then you can access it by http://127.0.0.1:8080/ex03_1/customers

--
Weinan Li