A new Job, ID: 73341 <http://www.ejobsville.com/display-job/73341> was
added at eJobsVille.com - For the Best Tech Jobs in
Title: BI Architect,Pricipal Architect posted on 2013-11-25 16:21:06
*Position: BI DeveloperLocation: Culver City, CA*
*3-6 months contract to hire *
Business Intelligence Architect is an expert in one or more BI tools, can
capture analytical and reporting requirements from the Business, develops
the semantic layer and metadata, modeling the data to enable cross
departmental use and creates reports and report definitions. He/She should
display strong technical skills in the Business Objects areas of Report and
Universe Design and Development. Also prepares the relevant level of detail
documentation to enable the on-going support of the environment either with
peers or vendor staffing.
• Write and execute SQL statements to aid helping design reports/ model
• Work closely with the business and IT teams in design discussions,
reviews and test cycles.
• Work closely with the business and IT teams to determine steps to produce
reports in an agile methodology.
• Review and analyze 2/3 Level Support issues.
• Review current universe/reporting design (which is in Business Objects)
and propose changes.
• Provides delivery estimates for project planning purposes.
• Identify, track and follow through on issues and defects.
• Manage scope and priorities to complete development efforts on time.
• Insure the deliverables and activities comply with requirements and meet
best practices guidelines.
• Tuning User Written reports
Key outputs include:
• Document Report Designs/Mock-Ups
• Document Departmental Best Practices
• Contribution of documentation to IT knowledge database
30 % 1. Understands the business questions that users are trying to get
answered and translates them into requirements. Customizes BI tools to meet
user needs. Defines and captures Metadata and rules associated with BI
30 % 2. Sets design specifications for end-user semantic layers and
multi-dimensional models across BI environments. Identifies user profiles
and designs report delivery environment to meet users* needs.
20 % 3. Develops Semantic layer or BI objects for end users. Creates
reports and report templates. Develops BI tool training and documentation.
Trains users in using the toolset and data. Mentors less experienced BI
Developers in these areas.
20 % 4. Implements and supports complex BI processes. Troubleshoots BI tool
problems and tunes for performance. Adapts BI processes to accommodate
changes in source systems and new business user requirements. Supports
client areas in their analytical functions.
• Business Intelligence tool architecture, features and functionality –
specifically Business Objects (XIR2 or upwards)
• Data Warehouse database platforms such as Teradata
• Relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 UDB and Sybase
• Entertainment industry business models and data
• Strong with data modeling concepts (star schemas, snowflake schemas,
highly normalized data models), and familiar with data modeling tools such
as Erwin or PowerDesigner
• Familiar with physical database administration concepts such as table
partitioning, materialized views, indexing strategies, aggregate navigation
and their role within the decision support environment
• Familiar with OLAP and multi-dimensional database technologies such as
Hyperion Essbase or SQL Server Analysis Services
• Familiar with hardware concepts such as SMP and MPP architectures and
their impact on the BI environment
• Familiar with source control tools such as SVN, CVS, ClearCase or Borland
• Excellent at performance tuning BI processes and queries (concepts such
as caching, sorting, and indexing)
• Excellent SQL programming skills
• Excellent relational database knowledge
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills with both business and technical customers
• Demonstrate a high level of integrity and maturity
• Work on multiple projects and deliver consistently on time
• Escalate issues appropriately to management and project team
• Take a proactive approach to cross-functional communication
• Actively seek out feedback from management and peers, to improve own
performance based on that feedback
1) ITIL v3 certified
*Experience: 6+ of years of IT work experience in Business Objects or any
other reporting tool. Business Objects experience is preferable. 4+ years
in the similar role of QA Analyst *
Click here to view full job description and
(Guest users can also apply)
eJobsVille.com - For The Best Tech Jobs In Town
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "reks
and resumes" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to recruitersandresu...@googlegroups.com.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/recruitersandresumes.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.