Guys,

I have a Windows NT Workstation with Retrospect for Windows 5.0 installed.
Its main purpose in life is to backup the SAMBA shares on a Linux server.
The script works fine when driven manually, but fails everytime when it runs
on schedule.

I have saved username and passwords for each of the shares but Retrospect
seems to forget the password (when I check after a failure) ... it keeps the
username.

What is strange is that I have done another similar installation elsewhere
and it works fine.  There are some hardware differences between the two
sites, but fundamentally the backup process is the same.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening.

Is the "access information" stored in such a fashion that it is not
available when Retrospect is auto-launched (as "System").

Cheers,  Malcolm

                       Information Alchemy Pty Ltd
                             ACN 089 239 305
                           Canberra, Australia

Malcolm McLeary                                  Mobile:   0412 636 086
Managing Director                                Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

     This message was sent using Outlook Express 5.0 for Macintosh.