on 12/27/1999 2:28 PM, Garret J. Cleversley at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I just backed up my hard drive last week about 20.4 gigs worth. When I went
> to run retro again it wants to back up another 9.7 gig?? I don't have 9.7
> gig of new stuff. so u m uh why? ;-)

Because 9.7 Gb worth of your files were changed in some way since the last
backup. They were opened, moved, renamed, or otherwise utilized in some way
either by a human or by the computer. Almost all of your system files will
be backed up every time. Retrospect is very conservative in this area; if
*anything* is different about a file, it gets backed up.

<><
Jon L. Gardner, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 409.458.1839 Fax 409.845.2157 ICQ 34792860
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>