Retrospect 4.0 won't back up to my new Yamaha 6416S CD-RW drive (1.0c
firmware).  It does not even see the drive. I have:

- checked for newer ROM software from Yamaha
- gotten the latest (and last) driver update (14) from Dantz

Dantz's support folks say no version of Retrospect works with this
drive; but they are working on it.

So my question is: Is it really this hopeless? Anyone have any
workaround? I'll gladly update my Retrospect 4.0 if it will help.

If not -- any other way to backup to this CD-RW other than backing up
to a disk file and then using Toast to copy the file to CD?