on 2/22/2000 5:23 AM, Robert Staflin at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Now, every Friday I've set up a recycle backup, spanning four sets of
> tapes (for four weeks between recycling of one set), and then I do normal
> backups Saturday through Thursday. I set the normal backups as starting
> the same day (Friday) as the recycle backup, but setup to run on Monday,
> Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday.

The problem may be that Retrospect runs on a Sunday-to-Saturday schedule,
which means that if you try to run a schedule for MTWThFSaSu it will
actually try to run SuMTWThFSa. This has bitten me several times, to the
point that my weekend backups don't go to tapes anymore, but only to FTP
backup sets.

Jon L. Gardner '89, Computer Systems Manager <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Texas A&M University Dept. of Food Services <http://food.tamu.edu/>
Tel 979.458.1839 Fax 979.845.2157 ICQ 34792860
PGP public key available at <http://food.tamu.edu/pgp/jon.html>