My backup server (old Daystar Genesis MP) runs Retrospect for much of the
night and Toast for much of the day. No problems whatsoever, and it's still
on OS 8.1.

On the other hand, we also back up large volumes of audio data directly at
our ProTools rigs using Retrospect. One of these dumps its data to Jaz, the
other to DLT (reasons for the different machines are because one sound
engineer likes Jaz). This machine also is used occasionally for burning
some selections of the audio data through Toast to CD-R, again with no
problems. (Retrospect 4.0, Toast 3.5.5)

        Because e-mail can be altered electronically,
        the integrity of this communication cannot be guaranteed.